12 Sep We’re Hiring: Lead Nanny for West Seattle Nanny Share
LEAD NANNY – WEST SEATTLE NANNY SHARE
(Part-time, 5 day/week, 12:30 pm to 4:30 or 6 pm)
Tiny Trees Preschool gives children a quality education and a joyful, nature rich childhood: one full of play, exploration, and wonder. Through the use of outdoor classrooms in Seattle city parks, Tiny Trees eliminates the cost of a brick and mortar facility, making preschool affordable and accessible to all families and allowing us to invest in what really matters: empowering great teachers. An official partner of Seattle Parks and Recreation, Tiny Trees is opening nine locations in the Greater Seattle Area in 2016 and 2017. More information is available by watching this video from our win of SVP’s Fast Pitch Competition, listening to this KUOW interview, reading this recent article on Medium, and at TinyTrees.org.
We’re excited to partner with a number of child care professionals to offer flexible after care for families at Camp Long in West Seattle. Harnessing the power of a nanny share, families will have the option for a full day of affordable, high quality and flexible child care per day. Daily you will pick up your three children from outdoor preschool at Camp Long for 4 to 6 hours of learning rich activities, including nap and quiet time at the home of one of your families.
Professionals will be invited to meet with potential families at our Nanny Share Fair in late July. At the fair you will meet with families seeking to participate in a nanny share. Each nanny share will have one caregiver and three children.
Please note: Professional nannies are not employees of Tiny Trees Preschool. The role of Tiny Trees is to facilitate connections between families and caregivers. You will contract directly with your families.
With the help of a courageous board of directors, a capable CEO, and a gregarious director of education, we’ve built the organization needed to bring affordable, high quality, and culturally responsive preschool to scale at parks across Seattle and Puget Sound. We have hundreds of families pre-enrolled, and a plan to take us to opening day in September of 2016. What we need is a capable educators to help make it happen. We need you!
As a Lead Nanny you will:
Work closely with your nanny share families to provide a safe, loving and learning rich environment. This will include:
- Lead a nanny share of three children ages 3 to 5 years old.
- Pick up your children at 12:30 pm at Camp Long in West Seattle, 5 days a week.
- Drop off children at 4:30 or 6 pm (each nanny share will have the same start and drop off time for all children).
- Create an inviting and emotionally safe nanny share that receives a high rating from families.
- Adapt your share to the cultural needs of your families.
- Be responsible for the health, safety, and welfare of all children.
- Create vibrant and rich learning opportunities, including outdoor exploration and play time, arts & music or other activities. Use the environment as a 2nd teacher and explore the wilds of West Seattle.
- Overall planning for equipment and educational supply needs for your share.
- Be the primary contact for families in your share. You will gracefully and professionally communicate with parents, both formally and informally, individually and in groups.
- Hold the big picture for your share, including contracting with families, billing and time off.
- Have fun!
Job Title: Lead Nanny
- You contract directly with families. You are not an employee of Tiny Trees Preschool.
- Nanny share location: this position is based out of West Seattle in the home of one of your families.
- This position is Monday through Friday, part time, and paid hourly (20-27.5 hours a week).
- Hours: 12:30 pm to 4:30 or 6 pm.
- The position is slated to begin September 12, 2016.
Salary and Benefits: This is a part time, 20 to 27.5 hours a week position. $1,600 – $2,200 a month (equivalent to $20.00 an hour). You may negotiate additional hours with families to work during school closures or holidays.
Please note: Professional nannies are not employees of Tiny Trees Preschool. The role of Tiny Trees is to facilitate connections between families and caregivers. You will contract directly with your families. Families are paying $550 a month for 20 hours a week of care. One family receives a $50 a month discount to host the nanny share in their home. You are hired as an independent contractor.
Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume with contact info for three references at tinytrees.org/about/careers. Positions will remain open until filled. This position requires successful background check and reference checks.