28 Dec Meet Teachers & Tour a Classroom at Our Open Houses
Are you applying for the 2017-18 school year? If so please join us for an open house at one of seven locations. This is your opportunity to explore an outdoor classrooms, meet exceptional teachers, and learn more about the how, what, & why of a Tiny Trees education. To accommodate all families we have a mix of daytime classroom visits and evening information nights. Here’s what they look like:
Classroom tour: Together with your family empowerment coordinator Veronica Reynoso, Education Director Erin Soper, and Curriculum Coach Khavin Debbs, you will explore a Tiny Trees classroom. You will see how learning takes place in the outdoors. How the classroom environment is set up to encourage children to learn through play, and follow their curiosities (including how we integrate math, science, and language learning into the environment). And how the unique awesome points (and natural wonders) of each location is woven into the lessons and daily routine. You also will meet your teachers, hear their story and philosophy, and have an opportunity to ask questions. Since preschool outdoors is new for many families health & safety will be a focus, including bathrooms, hand washing, and rain shelters. This tour takes place in winter so you can see how our teachers and families work together to make sure children are prepared to learn in all weather. Please be prepared yourself with warm layers, an umbrella, and shoes you can get muddy in. Classroom tour is 30 minutes with an additional 15 minutes of group Q&A. Plan to stay a little longer if you would like personal time with Erin, Veronica, or one of your future teachers.
Information night: Quick, convenient, and in depth information for families. You will meet your family empowerment coordinator Veronica Reynoso, education director Erin Soper, and a number of Tiny Trees teachers. Together you will explore a Tiny Trees classroom through video, pictures, and story. Your will find much of the same information as in our class tours but in a more condensed format and with additional time afterwards to chat comfortably with our teachers and staff. Presentation is 30 minutes with an additional 15 minutes of group Q&A. Plan to stay a little longer if you would like personal time with Erin, Veronica, or one of your future teachers.
Enrollment for the 2017-18 school year will open on February 8. Please note, attending a tour or open house is not required to enroll or a guarantee of service (all locations have limited space).
- January 23rd @ 1:30 PM. Camp Long (West Seattle) with teachers Chris and Anne.
- January 24th @ 3:00 PM. Carkeek Park (N Seattle) with teachers Tess and Khavin.
- January 26th @ 3:00 PM. Camp Long (West Seattle) with teachers Katherine and Maryyah.
- January 27th @1:30 PM. Carkeek Park (N Seattle) with teachers Jenn & Liz.
- Jan 31st @ 1:30 PM. Jefferson Park (SE Seattle/Beacon Hill) with teachers Rachel and Elisha.
- Feb 1st @12:30 PM. John C Little (SE Seattle/Columbia City/Othello/Rainier Beach) with teachers Racine and Khavin.
- Feb 2nd @ 3:00 PM. Jefferson Park (SE Seattle/Beacon Hill) with teachers Rachel and Elisha.
- Feb 3rd @ 12:30. John C Little (SE Seattle/Columbia City/Othello/Rainier Beach) with teachers Racine and Khavin.
- Jan 30th @ 6:30 PM. Impact HUB (Pioneer Square), 220 2nd Ave S, Seattle, WA 98104. 4th floor classroom.
- Feb 16th @ 6:30 PM. Impact HUB (Pioneer Square), 220 2nd Ave S, Seattle, WA 98104. 4th floor classroom.
New Location Information Nights
Three new schools are opening in September of 2017. These info nights will be near the new locations and focus on what each school will look like. We encourage families interested in new locations to attend a classroom tour of one of our existing schools.
- Feb 7th @ 6:30 PM. Big Finn Hill Park (Kirkland/Redmond/Bothell/Woodinville). Meeting at Peter Kirk Community Center, 352 Kirkland Ave.
- Feb 8th @ 6:30 PM. Cougar Mountain Regional Wildlife Park (Bellevue/Renton/Issaquah). Meeting at Coal Creek YMCA.
- March 1st @ 6:30 PM. New Downtown Seattle location (to be announced mid-January). Meeting place TBD.
Questions: Veronica@TinyTrees.org or (206) 701 0245 x 2.