17 Apr Apply for the Summer Volunteer Cohort
Help bring the magic to a Tiny Trees classroom this summer. We’re now accepting applications for our summer cohort of classroom volunteers at Jefferson, John C Little and Carkeek Parks. Along with a team of fellow volunteers you will receive the training to be part of a supportive teaching team, and how to encourage children’s learning through play, exploration, and adventure (plus James will show you how to do a really awesome story-book time). No experience necessary.
Summer volunteer cohort: July 5 – August 24.
3 hrs to 20 hrs a week (You will set your schedule with James).
Priority deadline to apply is May 26. Final Deadline June 20.
Volunteer training: June 26, 9 am – 12:30 pm
Application required: see form below.
As a Classroom Volunteer you will:
- Help with exploration & nature time by asking children lots of questions of what they found, how it works, and why. Exploration time may include tide pooling at Carkeek Park, exploring the green houses and gardens at Jefferson Park, or exploring the forests and spray park at John C Little.
- Help with small group time by reading children’s books, helping with arts & crafts, or supporting future engineers at our blocks and building station.
- Help teachers as needed (our teachers really love your support. SO MUCH!).
- Excited to get dirty and laugh a lot while being outside in all types of weather.
- Love children, equity in education, and the environment.
- Tolerant of uncertainty and change.
- Able to commit to at least two months of volunteering at one site on a regular scheduled day and time.
A typical shift is one week day from 8:30 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. or in the afternoon from 1:30 p.m. until 4:30 p.m. Our preference is for volunteers who can commit to a minimum of 1 day a week for 3 hrs or more per day.
We are especially eager to engage volunteers with backgrounds similar to those of the young people we serve. Multi-lingual and people of color encouraged to apply.
For more information: Contact our volunteer coordinator – James Robinson – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or fill out the form below: