21 Dec With Open Arms: Tour a Classroom, Meet Staff and Have all your Questions Answered at our Open Houses
Are you applying for the 2018-19 school year? If so please join us for an open house at one of our seven existing, or six new (opening fall 2018) locations. This is your opportunity to explore an outdoor classrooms, meet our exceptional staff, and learn more about the how, what, & why of a Tiny Trees education. CHILDREN ARE WELCOME TO ATTEND! To accommodate all families we have a mix of daytime classroom visits and evening information nights. Here’s what they look like:
Classroom tour: Together with your family empowerment coordinators Katherine Miller and Meri Joswiak, Education Director Erin Soper, and Curriculum Coaches Khavin Debbs and Rachel Franz, you will explore a Tiny Trees classroom. You will see how learning takes place in the outdoors. How the classroom environment is set up to encourage children to learn through play, and follow their curiosities (including how we integrate math, science, and language learning into the environment). And how the unique awesome points (and natural wonders) of each location is woven into the lessons and daily routine. You also will gain background knowledge of our teachers, hear their story and philosophy, and have an opportunity to ask questions. Since outdoor preschool is new for many families, health & safety will be a focus including bathrooms, hand washing, and rain shelters. This tour takes place in winter so you can see how our teachers and families work together to make sure children are prepared to learn in all weather. Please be prepared yourself with warm layers, an umbrella, and shoes you can get muddy in. Classroom tour is 30 minutes with an additional 15 minutes of group Q&A. Plan to stay a little longer if you’d like to speak one-on-one with a family empowerment coordinator.
Information night: Quick, convenient, and in-depth information for families. Led by one of our family empowerment coordinators or education director, you will explore a Tiny Trees classroom through video, pictures, and story. You will find much of the same information as in our class tours but in a more condensed format and with additional time afterwards to chat comfortably with our teachers and staff. Presentation is 30 minutes with an additional 15 minutes of group Q&A.
New Family Enrollment for the 2018-19 school year will open on February 20. Please note, attending a tour or open house is not required to enroll or a guarantee of service (all locations have limited space). Registration for current families will open on February 12.
Classroom Tours of Existing Locations -JANUARY
- Jan 9th @ 1:00 PM. Camp Long (West Seattle)
- Jan 10th @ 1:00 PM. Cougar Mountain Regional Wildlife Park (Bellevue/Issaquah/Renton)
- Jan 11th @ 1:00 PM. Jefferson Park (Beacon Hill)
- Jan 16th @ 1:00 PM. Olympic Sculpture Park (Downtown Seattle, Waterfront)
- Jan 18th @ 1:00 PM. Carkeek Park (NW Seattle)
- January 24th @ 1:00PM. John C Little (SE Seattle/Columbia City/Othello/Rainier Beach)
- January 25th @ 1:00 PM. Big Finn Hill (Kirkland/Bothell/Woodinville)
Classroom Tours of Existing Locations -MARCH
- Mar 6th @ 1:00 PM. Camp Long (West Seattle)
- Mar 8th @ 1:00 PM. Jefferson Park (Beacon Hill)
- POSTPONED Mar 13th @ 1:00 PM. Olympic Sculpture Park (Downtown Seattle, Waterfront)
- POSTPONED Mar 15th @ 1:00 PM. Carkeek Park (NW Seattle)
- POSTPONED Mar 20th @ 1:00 PM. Big Finn Hill (Kirkland/Bothell/Woodinville)
- POSTPONED Mar 21st @ 1:00PM. John C Little (SE Seattle/Columbia City/Othello/Rainier Beach) –Note: This classroom is moving to Beer Sheva Park fall 2018
- POSTPONED Mar 22th @ 1:00 PM. Cougar Mountain Regional Wildlife Park (Bellevue/Issaquah/Renton)
Information Nights for Existing Locations and New Locations (Opening Fall 2018)
- Jan 17th @ 6:00 PM. Mercer Island Community Center (Mercer Island) 8236 SE 24th St, Mercer Island
- Jan 30th @ 6:00 PM. White Center Library (Burien/White Center/Seatac) 1409 SW 107th St, Seattle, WA
- Jan 31th @ 6:00 PM. Impact HUB (Pioneer Square) 220 2nd Ave S, Seattle, WA 98104.
- Mar 22nd @ 6:00 PM. Gibson Hall, Kiwanis Club (Issaquah) 105 Newport Way SW, Issaquah
- Mar 27th @ 6:00 PM. NE Seattle (Meadowbrook). Meeting location TBD
*Additional Open Houses will be added for new locations opening fall 2018:
- Bridle Trails State Park -Redmond
Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or (206) 701 0245 x 0.