14 Feb Spread the Word! We’re Hiring an Admissions Coordinator
We’re growing! Tiny Trees is seeking a detail oriented, spread sheet loving admissions coordinator who can help families join the Tiny Trees tribe. Please spread the word.
(Full time: 55% Admissions, 20% Data Entry, 20% Accounts Receivable, 5% substitute teaching.)
Tiny Trees Preschool gives children a quality education and a joyful, nature rich childhood: one full of play, exploration, and wonder. By using outdoor classrooms in Seattle & King County parks, Tiny Trees eliminates the cost of a brick and mortar facility, making preschool affordable and accessible to all families and allowing us to invest in what really matters: empowering great teachers. Tiny Trees has 9 outdoor preschools in the Puget Sound region. More information is available by watching this video, reading this Seattle Times article, or at TinyTrees.org.
With the help of a courageous board of directors, a capable CEO, and a gregarious director of education, we’ve built the organization needed to bring affordable, high quality, and culturally responsive preschool to scale at parks across Seattle and Puget Sound. What we need now is a detail oriented, spread sheet loving admissions coordinator who can help families join the Tiny Trees tribe. What we need is you!
As the Admissions Coordinator you will:
Work closely with our education team to support children & families. This will include:
- Guide families through the admissions process with empathy, great customer service, and grace.
- Be the primary contact for new families interested in Tiny Trees.
- Ensure culturally responsive admissions practices.
- Help families participating in the City & State subsidized preschool complete required paperwork.
- Schedule tours and open houses for families.
- Manage waiting lists.
20% Data Entry
- Enter new families into student database.
- Enter new families into online billing database.
- Enter data for Seattle Preschool Program (SPP) children into city databases (CHIPS, ASQ & TSG).
- Help the philanthropy team with entering families into the Salesforce database.
20% Accounts Receivable & Billing
- Work with our bookkeeper to follow up with families who have not paid their tuition.
- Call families with outstanding balance the day after tuition is due.
5% Substitute Teacher – Be on call, in the classroom a couple days per month.
- Detail oriented. You love making to-do lists, creating spreadsheets, and playing with data.
- Organized, self-motivated, and action oriented. You solve problems and take pride in efficiency.
- A believer in tracking progress and keeping everyone on the same page. “What gets tracked gets done” is your motto.
- A process builder. If a system doesn’t exist where one is needed, you’ll create one that works for all.
- Skilled at administrative systems and office life, including excel, Salesforce, and talking on phones.
- Engaging and easily able to communicate with students, families, and peers.
- Passionate about equal access to education, early learning, child-directed and play-based learning, and the outdoors. You love children, equity in education, and the environment.
- Excited to not only work with children, but also with caregivers in educational and social settings.
- Inter-culturally fluent and able to execute culturally responsive admissions practices.
- Willing to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings as needed.
- Excited to get dirty and laugh a lot while teaching outside in all types of weather as needed.
- Able to thrive in a noisy, vibrant environment where all are expected to multi-task.
- Tolerant of uncertainty and change and understand that organizations continue to improve when the people who work there are adaptable, take chances, and learn from their mistakes.
- Bonus Points!
- Multi-lingual: Spanish, Mandarin, Somali.
- BA in Child Development, Human Services, Family Support, Early Childhood Education, or related.
- Experience in admissions, teaching, & working with families. Or bookkeeping & databases.
We are especially eager to hire individuals with backgrounds similar to those of the young people we serve. Multi-lingual and people of color encouraged to apply.
Job Title: Admissions Coordinator
- Reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Part of a team of 3 family coordinators, with projects led by the Director of Education.
- Office location: this position is based out of the Impact HUB in Pioneer Square and includes travel to all corners of Seattle and King County.
- This position is Monday through Friday, full time, and salaried (equivalent to 40 hour work week).
- The position is slated to begin April/May 2018.
- Tiny Trees Preschool is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who add to our diverse community are encouraged to apply.
Salary: This is a full time exempt position. Range is $39,000 to $40,000/year.
Benefits: The following benefits are split between bi-weekly pay periods:
- Health insurance: Choice of stipend of $3,600/year or Gold level health care plan from Kaiser Permanente.
- Retirement benefits: $1,425/year cash contribution starting after 6 months of employment.
- Technology stipend: $300/year
- Paid training & a budget for your professional development. Discounts on outdoor clothing.
- 80 hours paid time off (PTO) plus 10 holidays and 5 school closure days (total paid time off: 5 weeks).
Apply at: Please submit a cover letter and resume with contact info for three references at tinytrees.org/about/careers. Priority Deadline March 25, Final Deadline to apply April 6. Please no paper, mailed, or hand-delivered applications (we’ll lose them).