03 Jan Is Outdoor Preschool Right for your Family?
Are you applying for the 2019-20 school year?
Did you miss the fall tours?
If your answer was yes for one or both questions, please join us for our Classroom Tours and Info Nights!
This is your opportunity to experience an outdoor classroom, meet our exceptional staff, and learn more about the how, what, & why of a Tiny Trees education. CHILDREN ARE WELCOME TO ATTEND! To accommodate all families, we have a mix of daytime tours and evening information nights (a.k.a. info nights).
Here’s what they look like:
Classroom tour: Together with our staff and volunteers, you will look into a Tiny Trees classroom. You will have an opportunity to look into a Tiny Trees classroom and experience:
- How learning takes place in the outdoors;
- How the classroom environment is set up to encourage children to learn through play and follow their curiosities (including how we integrate math, science, and language learning into the environment);
- How the unique awesomeness (and natural wonders) of each location is woven into the lessons and daily routine.
In addition to that, you also will gain background knowledge of our teachers, hear their stories and philosophies, and have an opportunity to ask questions. Since outdoor preschool is new for many families, health & safety will be a focus including bathrooms, hand washing, and rain shelters. This tour takes place in winter so you can see how our teachers and families work together to make sure children are prepared to learn in all weather. Please be prepared yourself with warm layers and shoes you can get muddy in. Classroom tour is 30 minutes with an additional 15 minutes of group Q&A. Plan to stay a little longer if you’d like to speak one-on-one with us (Family Services and/or staff).
Information night (or Info night): Quick, convenient, and in-depth information session for families. You will experience a Tiny Trees classroom through videos, pictures, and stories. You will find much of the same information as in our class tours but in a more condensed format and with additional time afterward to chat comfortably with our teachers and staff. The presentation is 30 minutes with an additional 15 minutes of group Q&A.
New Student Enrollment for the 2019-20 school year begins February 25. Families will receive invitations to register, in waves, based on their date of application. Please note, all classes are first come, first served. Please note, attending a tour or info night is not required to enroll or a guarantee of service (all locations have limited space). Registration for current families will open on February 11.
- March 30th @ 10 AM – Five Mile Lake Park | Auburn/Federal Way/Puyallup/E Tacoma.
- March 30th @ 1 PM – Seahurst Park | Burien/White Center/SW Seattle.
Information Nights (Info Nights)
- March 28th @ 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm – Federal Way Library (34200 1st Way South, Federal Way, WA 98003).
Public Events We are Participating – Come join us!
Questions: email@example.com or (206) 701 0245 x 1.