Timing: 4 hour AM or 3 hr PM program plus optional indoor after care.
Class options: 8:30 – 12:30 M-F (AM) or 1:30 – 4:30 M/W/F (PM) or 1:30 – 4:30 Tu / Thur.
Class size: maximum 16
Student to adult ratio: 1:5 (16 kids, 2 licensed teachers + 1 or 2 Volunteers or student interns)
In an outdoor classroom students will develop reading, math and science skills through exploratory and imaginative play, cooperative learning and the arts.
- Promote social skills and positive self-image through group play and cooperative learning
- Explore number recognition, the alphabet and literacy with structured activities and lessons by our licensed preschool teachers.
- Develop activities that encourage cognitive growth, problem-solving skills and development of physical motor skills
- Encourage problem-solving and reflection by asking open-ended questions and provide information in response to children’s ideas, insights, and concerns
- Provide a supportive, safe learning environment to encourage discovery, questioning and experimentation
- Cultivate emotional literacy and empathy to develop self-esteem
- Nurture self-expression, creativity and reflection
- Encourage family involvement to help students appreciate the wisdom of their first teachers — their families
- Encourage exploration and understanding of the natural world and the scientific processes that make such a diversity of life possible.
For more information see our frequently asked questions (FAQs).
- Your child must be 3 and no older than 6 by August 31 of the start year (i.e. if your child has not turned 3 by August 31 he or she is not eligible to enroll for 2016 and will thus be enrolled for the 2017 class).
- Your child must be potty trained (no pull-up diapers) by the start of preschool.
- Your child must be prepared to be outside rain or shine (rain suits and boots are provided).
Tiny Trees Preschool welcome all children and families. Read our non-discrimination policy here.